Morning, afternoon, evening, where ever you are!
The Arsenal Supporters Trust Survey 2011 was released yesterday and it’s time to have a read through the report…
I haven’t commented on anything yet, the following notes are completely from the survey – my thoughts will come soon!
Stan Kroenke will soon have a majority holding in Arsenal Football Club and control over all strategicdecisions. How important do you think each of the following areas of corporate strategy are?
- Custodianship / looking after the long-term future of the club – 86% rated this extremely important (5/5)
- Accountability and openness to supporters – 67% rated this extremely important (5/5)
- Financial management and enhancing Arsenal’s commercial operations: 89% thought this was very or extremely important (4 – 5 / 5)
- Overseeing the manager and football performance of the club – only 44% rated this as important, 7% stating it was the least important
Now that Arsenal is more than 90 percent owned by two billionaire investors, do you think that relyingon the ‘sustainability’ model (where the Club only spends the revenues it raises) should remain a key corporate objective or is there a case for financial investment into the club by its major shareholders?
- Retain self-sustainability model: 51%
- Investment into Club by major shareholders (rights issue or donation): 38%
- Don’t know: 11%
Once the takeover of Arsenal by Kroenke is completed, do you think he should make it a priority tocontinue to support both the Arsenal Fanshare scheme and to involve supporter shareholders in Arsenal’s ownership arrangements?
- 96% of people said yes!
and that he should improve his communications with supporters including setting out his ambitions for the club and explaining the strategy he has to achieve them?
- 96% of people said yes too!
Do you think Kroenke should invite Red and White Holdings, which owns a 27 percent stake in the Club, tojoin the Board?
- 70% said yes, Usmanov should join the board
The two main shareholders should work together. Minority shareholders and Fanshare members should be retained and AFC could develop a model of ownership that other clubs would aspire to.
The question is, if Red & White were on the Board would this be constructive? The signs are that the difference in approach might cause disharmony
Would you support Kroenke paying a dividend or extracting management fees from Arsenal Football Club?
- 94% said no to that question or refused to say yes (80% no, 14% not sure)
Do you think Kroenke Sports Enterprises should be more transparent in how it has raised the fi nance topurchase Arsenal Football Club?
- 78% of people asked said yes
How satisfied are you with the football performance of Arsenal Football Club in recent years?
- Highly satisfied, 2%
- Satisfied, 22%
- Slightly satisfied, 39%
- Unsatisfied, 37%
Do you think that Arsène Wenger’s football philosophy takes too much precedence over the objective of winning trophies?
- 69% of people agreed that the football philosophy was taking precedence
Now that the club is under new ownership,