1. At the end of the month, all the comments for that month are exported from the site into an export file.
2. All names are assigned numbers, so for example, Debs in December was 001 and Dan was 117. This is done randomly, but the associations of numbers to names are kept in my possession.
3. The names are replaced with their numbers, so that the panel doesn’t know who has submitted the comments.
4. The panel then decides who has been the commentator of the month.
5. I’m informed on the winning number and subsequently, check the name.The reason I thought I’d explain all this to you is that the winner in December 2008 was (for the third time) is…
Kieran DelaneyCongratulations to Kieran, who’s comments have been informative, witty, objective sometimes, subjective sometimes and overall, a good read. Thanks to all who comment regularly and a special shout out to Parsi, Debs, Fabrez, Dan, AJ and Zohaib (and all the other readers) who all post regular comments and help the blog to become what it is today… I’ll be back with a transfer update later…]]>