Evening all and for those of you who reside nearby, it’s been a sunny and enjoyable Sunday today. Tonight sees Turkey take on the Czech Republic on a winner takes all game. The other game is Portugal vs Switzerland in an already qualified vs already out of the tournament fixtures…
Things down at the Emirates are busy as usual, with the media rematerialising stories from old, making new ones up and linking us with just about everyone we could be linked with. Today is one of those days which needs a bullet point summary… so here we go, the week in bullets…
- Robinho is the player whom most newspapers seem to talk about at the moment. He is looking for a new contract with Madrid, so I really doubt it will happen.
- Arsenal linked with Daniel Parejo, a Real Madrid mifielder from their youth team. The 19 year old player has an asking price of £12m.
- Arsenal also linked with Aaron Spear, a 15 year old who current plays for Plymouth Argyle. Newcastle also interested.
- Reports from Italy also claim that we have signed Samir Nasri, having signed a pre-contract agreement – the main reason he it’s not been announced is due to smaller details.
- Fran Merida returns to Arsenal in the summer and will be part of the first team.
- Carlos Vela says he hopes Giovanni Dos Santos does well for Sp*rs so he can move to a “big team”. He also continues to say he is “too good” for a substandard team such as Sp*rs.
- West Ham want ex-Arsenal player, James Harper and Aston Villa want ex-Arsenal midfielder Steve Sidwell to replace Liverpool bound Barry.
- AC Milan president Galliani says he wants Adebayor and has made a bid, but has had no response. Ade says he wants to stay at Arsenal and Arsene says he won’t sell, whatever the price.
- Hleb says he hasn’t agreed a move to Barcelona or Bayern.
- Cesc says he wants Hleb to stay and that he is an amazing player.
- Of course, we signed Aaron Ramsey, and got one over Fergie.
- Our new away kit has been leaked, looks half decent.
That’s your Sunday!]]>